QA Automation Engineer
Wooqer is seeking a QA engineer with expertise in automating for a platform environment. You’ll be involved in the creation of business requirements inputting the test scripts and test scenarios to ensure developers understand the business requirements so that they can be effectively tested.
You will be responsible for defining and driving innovative automated testing strategies and toolsets into our overall development processes that support and enhance the current Quality Assurance processes within Wooqer.
– Work as part of cross functional, passionate agile project teams to ensure quality is driven into the heart of the development process from PRD through to delivery
– Designing, developing and supporting frameworks for our test infrastructure and providing automation expertise to our platform teams
– Contributing toward predictable delivery of quality releases
– Research, recommend and implement tools as needed with the goal of increasing automation
– Mentor team members on automation
– Be meticulous about documentation and maintaining a robust log of all test cases and test results
– Ensure that all tests are executed and give regular feedback to the team lead on the status of quality
– Use appropriate measures and KPIs to validate and report on software quality
– Work closely with the software engineering team, Product Management and Technical Operations as well as business users and Senior Management, as required
– Be a creative thinker who can quickly identify and test for functional edge cases outside of expected functionality workflow
Knowledge & Qualifications
– Strong background in, and at least 4+ years of working in tooling or QA automation.
– Thorough understanding of SDLC, specifically automated QA processes in agile development environments.
– Experience in writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites using a variety of technologies including, but not limited to, Cucumber, Concordion, Selenium, Fit/FitNesse, SoapUI.
– Proficient with bug tracking and test management tool sets to support development processes
– Strong working knowledge of testing fundamentals such as TDD & BDD
– Proficient working with relational databases such as MySQL & PostreSQL
– Some knowledge of Unix/Linux
– Desirable to have Saas platform background